On August 19th and 20th 2017 the 5th edition of the EKC (European Koryū-bujutsu Convention) will be held in Germany for the first time.
The EKC (European Koryū-bujutsu Convention) is a platform for koryū bujutsuka training in Europe in official and authorized lines. Koryū bujutsu is the practise of classical Japanese warrior fighting systems/school that predate the modern (Meiji 1868) era.
The aim of this initiative is twofold:
- to encourage the academic study of koryū bujutsu and the exchange of ideas among practitioners of kobujutsu ryūha in Europe.
- to offer the interested public a serious and accessible platform to learn more about authorized kobujutsu and get in touch with the respective study groups in Europe.
It will be the first time the EKC will be held outside The Netherlands and everyone is looking forward to it very much.
The following schools are represented in the embu (demonstration)
- Heki ryu Insai ha 日置流印西派
- Katayama ryu jujutsu 片山流柔術
- Jikishinkage ryu naginata 直心影流薙刀
- Shinto Muso ryu 神道夢想流
- Hyoho Taisha ryu 兵法タイ捨流
- Hontai Yoshin ryu 本體楊心流
- Mugai ryu 無外流
- Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto ryu 天真正伝香取神道流
- Asayama Ichiden ryu 浅山一伝流体術
- Hoki ryu 伯耆流居合術
- Tenjin Myoshin ryu 天神明進流
- Hyoho Niten Ichi ryu 兵法二天一流
- Hozoin ryu Takada ha 宝蔵院流高田派
Date and time:
Noncompulsory internal embu for participants:
Saturday August 19th 2017
12:00 – Alster dojo opens for arrival
15:00 – In depth embu starting with Hozoin ryu Takada ha
18:00 – BBQ
Open demonstration for the public:
Sunday August 20th 2017
10:00 – 12:00 – Lecture and ceremony by Mr. Feliks Hoff
13:30 – Public embu
Alster Dojo e.v.